This group of the best travel destinations features several places in Europe & the US as well as one of the most mysterious countries in the world, Myanmar, formerly Burma.
180. Key West, Florida, USA — The southernmost city in the continental United States has drawn tourists for decades because of the devil-may-care attitude of its residents and its great weather and climate. Watch the sunset from Mallory Square, people-watch at Sloppy Joe’s Bar, or check out the six-toed cats at Hemingway House. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
179. Delft, Netherlands — This pretty, little town is famous for its blue and white earthenware called Delftware. It is available at many shops in town, but look for the stamp, “De Porcelyne Fles” which denotes the traditional, hand-painted method. The Main Square is very pleasant, anchored by the Town Hall at one end and the Niewe Kerk at the other. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
178. Nice & the French Riviera — This particular area of the Mediterranean Sea is stunningly beautiful and has become a playground for both the rich and famous as well as the average tourist. Nice makes a great base of operations for an exploration of the entire region and has a considerable charm and elegance of its own. (Walking Tour available on website)
177. Death Valley National Park, California, USA — Come here to see the otherworldly landscape and Badwater, the lowest point in the Western Hemisphere (282 feet below sea level), but try to avoid the summers when the temperatures can reach 120 degrees or above.
176. Mandalay, Myanmar — Mandalay is a city rich in palaces, stupas, temples and pagoda; it is the main center of Buddhism and Burmese Arts in the country. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)