North America and Europe are the focus of this group of the “best travel destinations.” Two of the “destinations” are actually lovely scenic drives.
155. Monaco — This tiny principality on the French Riviera is world-famous as a magnet for the rich and famous. Walk down to the harbor to drool over perhaps the most expensive fleet of yachts in the world. The entire area is spotless and totally geared for tourism. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
154. Pacific Coast Highway, California, USA — One of the most beautiful scenic drives in the world traverses the California coastline from Los Angeles to San Francisco and beyond. Highlights of the route include Hearst Castle, Monterey Bay, and Big Sur.
153. Crater Lake National Park, Oregon, USA — The deep blue color of America’s deepest lake transfixes the visitor. The lake occupies the crater of what was once Mount Mazama. Wizard Island, a mini-volcanic-cone graces one section of the lake.
152. Dublin, Ireland — The charming Irish capital city is warm and friendly, just like the Irish people. Be sure to spend some time in the pubs which are the traditional gathering places for locals. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
151. Cabot Trail, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada — This road is one of Canada’s premier scenic drives. It traverses the entire circumference of Cape Breton Island and exposes the traveler to several interesting villages and attractions.