There are two of America’s best national parks and three of the world’s great cities in this group of the world’s best travel destinations. Urban excitement and natural beauty are the hallmarks here.
95. Munich, Germany — The capital of Bavaria is one of Germany’s most exciting cities. It offers excellent museums, several sumptuous palaces, and beer. Of course, Munich is famous for its Oktoberfest, an orgy of sudsy alcohol which attracts thousands each year. Even in other months, visitors manage to find their way to the Hofbrauhaus, the world’s most famous beer garden, to listen to the oom-pa band and have a bit of brew. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
94. Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah, USA — Imagine a fantasyland of thousands of colorful spires of rock rising from a huge amphitheater-like bowl. Then watch as the colors change over the course of the day because of the action of light and shadow. You have been to Bryce and your trip is unforgettable.
93. Budapest, Hungary — Another of Eastern Europe’s former Soviet satellites, Budapest has emerged from behind the Iron Curtain and become a major destination. Its Castle District is delightful to explore, especially by foot, and its Parliament Building is one of the most impressive in the world. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
92. Cartagena, Colombia — Cartagena’s walled Old Town is delightful to explore on foot. The World Heritage city has perfectly preserved and colorful buildings complete with flower-bedecked balconies. Spend some time in the charming squares and be sure to visit the city’s piece de resistance, Fuerte San Felipe de Barajas, a classic Spanish fort at the entrance to the city. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
91. Grand Teton National Park & Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA — The dramatic rise of the Front Range of the Rockies is no more picturesque or noticeable than here in Jackson Hole. The Snake River winds its way just east of the snow-covered peaks making the scene even more photogenic.