This group of the best travel destinations in the world crosses four different continents and combines, history, natural beauty, and adventure.
220. Amritsar, India — The Golden Temple of Amritsar is the most beautiful, most spiritual, and most memorable temple in India. It is the focal core of the Sikh religion and has been for hundreds of years. It is located in the state of Punjab, in the northwestern part of the country.
219. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee, USA — The Great Smokies is the most visited national park in America, probably because it is one of the only major national parks in the East, where much of the country’s population is located.
218. Normandy Beaches, France — These beaches were the scene of incredible battles on D-Day, June 6, 1944, when the Allies launched an all-out offensive to push back the Germans and retake Paris. Now, these pristine beaches are home to cemeteries which hold the remains of the many lives lost.
217. Queenstown, South Island, New Zealand — Here is the world’s capital for adventure and thrill-seeking activities. It is also a beautiful community, located on picturesque Lake Wakatipu, with some of New Zealand’s highest and most photogenic mountains looming around it. The city is extremely pedestrian-friendly. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
216. Umbria Hill Towns, Italy — Although not quite as popular as the hill towns of neighboring Tuscany, Umbria boasts many important tourist sights of its own, such as, Spoleto and Assisi (pictured below). (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)