We have reached the top 200 best travel destinations in the world. This group features several European tourist cities, several places in the USA, and one in New Zealand.
200. Vilnius, Lithuania — The Old Town (Senamiestis) of this city is the largest in Europe. This medieval maze of cobblestone streets is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
199. Meteor Crater, Winslow, Arizona, USA — This huge (1-mile across) depression in the Earth’s surface was caused by an asteroid or meteor impact some 50,000 years ago.
198. Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand — This lovely city in the center of the South Island is known far and wide for its gardens. Tourists find the place extremely pleasant to walk, especially around the Avon River which winds through the city. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
197. Valletta, Malta — This city’s fortifications were built by the Knights of the Order of St John in 1566. Valletta also boasts one of the world’s deepest and best harbors. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
196. Santa Fe/Taos, New Mexico, USA — Santa Fe is the oldest state capital in the United States. Its Old Town is well-preserved and ideal for walking. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website). Taos is a mountain town north of Santa Fe. It is famous as an artist colony and boasts a World Heritage Site, the Taos Pueblo.