I love food! To me, food offers comfort and security. In addition, cuisine is a cultural expression and represents an opportunity to more thoroughly understand and appreciate a particular culture or region. When traveling I make it a point to taste local specialties as a way of enriching my travel experience. Someone recently suggested that I share my favorite restaurants with my readers because of my great interest in food. Keep in mind that food preferences are very different from person to person and also that a restaurant experience is about so much more than the food.
Because of the proximity, we spend much time in Southeastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod. The following are my choices for the best of Southeastern Massachusetts:
1. Benjamin’s, 698 Bay Street, Taunton, MA (tried and true)
2. Clancy’s, 8 Upper County Road, Dennis Port, MA (Cape hot spot)
3. Col. Blackinton Inn, 203 N. Main Street, Attleboro, MA (elegant dining)
4. Elizabeth’s, 1 Middle Street, Fairhaven, MA (good food at extremely reasonable prices)
5. Luciano’s, 800 Washington St., Wrentham, MA (great bread!)
6. Old Jailhouse Tavern, 28 W Road, Orleans, MA (nice, casual dining)