Every tourist destination has its attractions. However, because every tourist is different, these attractions have greater or lesser value. In this series Gary gives his reasons for traveling to a particular place. Hopefully some of his thoughts will entice you to consider adding this particular place to your itinerary. The entire series is being categorized under the heading, “Spotlights.” You may find more information about these locations in the archives of this website, under headings such as, “Great Places,” “Things to Do in,” “Best of,” “Top 10” and “Places of a Lifetime.” In addition, there may be “Walking Tours” of these places available for purchase on the website for the low price of $1.49 each.
I have found the city of Miami, Florida too big and too impersonal. I much prefer Miami Beach since it has much more to offer the traveler. Include Miami Beach in your southern Florida travel plans for at least the following reasons:
1. One of the most moving and architecturally interesting memorials to the Jewish genocide at the hands of Hitler’s Germany can be found in, of all places, Miami Beach, Florida.
2. Miami Beach has the greatest concentration of Art Deco buildings in the United States.
3. South Beach is a Mecca for those who desire to show off their bodies and to soak up the sun.
4. Thoroughbred Racing aficionados can get their fix at nearby Gulfstream Park.
5. Miami Beach also offers access to South Florida’s most popular national park, the Everglades.