Valentine’s Day is a time for romance! Lovers, of course, will disagree and say that every day is a time for romance. But, in the midst of busy lives, it is nice to know that at least one day during the year has a special significance for lovers.
Are there particular places that seem to encourage and enhance romance? Obviously every couple has their own special place which has significance in their relationship, but are there places around the world which seem to symbolize love and romance? Certainly there are such places, and here is a list of some which we have experienced. They are presented in no special order.
1. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico — this sleepy Pacific Coast community burst onto the tourist scene as a result of the off-screen antics of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton (who starred in the movie) during the filming of The Night of the Iguana.Since then, Puerto Vallarta is associated with love and romance.
2. Niagara Falls, New York, USA — One of the most popular honeymoon spots of all time has remained a romantic favorite up to today. There is something about a waterfall that attracts and encourages lovers.
3. Venice, Italy — There is nothing more romantic than a gondola ride along a quiet canal in Venice. This unique city exudes romance!
4. Bermuda — This island paradise with its pink sand beaches and incredible scenery has long been a favorite of newlyweds and other lovers.
5. Paris, France — Paris is probably the first city that dreamers think about when the term “romance” is suggested. Walks along the Seine River, the enchantment of the Eiffel Tower at night, and the entire ambience of the city screams intimacy and love.
6. Rome, Italy — Ever since the movie, Three Coins in a Fountain the “Eternal City” of Rome has been associated with love and romance. Be sure to throw your own coin in the Trevi before you die.
7. Santorini, Greece — The lovliest of the Greek Islands is the epitome of romance with white villages spilling over the crater wall down to the beautiful blue water.
8. San Francisco, California, USA — As the song states, “I left my heart in San Francisco.” This beautiful American city is quintessentially romantic.
9. Hawai’i, USA — Another of the all-time most popular honeymoon spots, Hawai’i invites lovers to experience its beauty and charm.