Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order.
This installment includes several city destinations along with one of the world’s best scenic drives as well as one national park. They are all great places to visit.
15. Mesa Verde National Park, CO — The best preserved of the Native American cliff dwellings are found here along the canyons of Mesa Verde. Take a guided tour down to one of the sites for an excellent experience.
14. Pacific Coast Highway, Rte 1/101, CA — One of the world’s greatest scenic drives winds along the beautiful Pacific Ocean for hundreds of miles. There are numerous overlooks and memorable stops along the way.
13. The Strip, Las Vegas, NV — Here is one of the world’s greatest vacation destinations. Besides the ubiquitous gambling there are a multitude of activities to entice and please visitors (Walking Tour available for just $1.49 on website).
12. French Quarter, New Orleans, LA — The birthplace of Jazz and the center of creole and cajun cuisine, New Orleans is one of America’s most exciting destinations (Walking Tour available for just $1.49 on website).
11. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, CA — The San Francisco Bay area is one of America’s most scenic and delightful places to visit. Symbolized by this fabulous bridge which recently celebrated its 75th year of existence, the city has much to offer the traveler (Walking Tour available for just $1.49 on website).