Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order.
We have reached the top 20 of this glorious list. All of these locations are national parks or the like, America’s greatest legacy to future generations.
20. Olympic National Park, WA — This is one of America’s most diverse national parks. There are a number of different landscapes and ecosystems featured here on the Olympic Peninsula.
19. Monument Valley Navaho Tribal Park, AZ/UT — One of the world’s grandest landscapes, this region of buttes and mesas has been the backdrop for numerous movies set in the American West.
18. Glacier National Park, St Marys, MT — Ride along Going-to-the-Sun Road, which bisects the park, for unbelievable scenery and wildlife sightings.
17. Crater Lake National Park, OR — Considered by many the world’s bluest and deepest mountain lake, this gem occupies the crater of long-extinct volcano, Mount Mazama.
16. Bryce Canyon National Park, UT — Imagine multicolored spires, known as hoodoos, rising from an amphitheater-like bowl, changing color as the sun crosses the sky. You have arrived at Bryce Canyon, one of America’s most unique and unusual parks.