Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order.
This installment also includes some of America’s most dramatic and beautiful national parks.
25. Gateway Arch, St Louis, MO — This steel parabola pays tribute to the many pioneers who braved hostile weather conditions and blood-thirsty Indians to colonize and populate the American West.
24. San Diego Zoo, San Diego, CA — Probably the best zoological park in the world, the San Diego Zoo is known worldwide for its incredible variety of animals and its beautiful enclosures.
23. Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Carlsbad, NM — The premier cave destination in the world has a “Big Room” which contains a snack bar, and even a post office.
22. Zion National Park, Utah — This national park is the reverse of the Grand Canyon. Here visitors are at the bottom of the canyon looking up.
21. Death Valley National Park, CA — Here is one of the hottest places on Earth and also one of the most unusual. The scenery is otherworldly and extremely colorful.