Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order.
The majority of this group are national parks all over the country.
45. Freedom Trail, Boston, MA — This fascinating walk through the historical area of Boston brings participants back to the 1770s before America secured its independence from England.
44. Haleakala National Park, Maui, Hawaii — This dormant volcano provides an eerie walk through a veritable moonscape of colored sand, volcanic cones, and craters.
43. Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, ME — The only national park in the northeastern part of America, this enchanting area preserves a rugged section of Maine’s rocky coastline as well as carriage paths and bridges reminiscent of an earlier time.
42. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC-TN Border — America’s most visited national park features beautiful natural scenes, wildlife, and history.
41. Mount Rainier National Park, WA — The lovely yet scary volcano which looms over the city of Seattle provides a great escape into the natural world from the big city.