Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order.
60. Savannah, GA — This classic southern city has a laid-back style, great cuisine, and architecture which harkens to the Nineteenth Century.
59. Theodore Roosevelt National Park, ND — This park, dedicated to one of America’s greatest conservationists, offers badlands and other midwestern landscapes in two separate sections.
58. Williamsburg, VA — One of the world’s great open-air museums, Williamsburg gives visitors a glimpse of what life was like during the late 1700s.
57. USS Arizona Memorial/Pearl Harbor, Oahu, HI — Recalling the “Day of Infamy” that was December 7, 1941, the memorials on view at Pearl Harbor are a sobering reminder of one of America’s darkest hours.
56. Mount St Helens, WA — On May 18, 1980, this once-quiet mountain exploded in a violent volcanic eruption which devastated a large part of the region. Since then, this area has become a laboratory for scientists studying the recovery of nature following such a catastrophic event.