Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order.
From national parks to small towns to big cities, this installment spans the country from Hawaii to the East Coast.
65. Petrified Forest National Park, AZ — This interesting park preserves an ancient forest which was buried for so long that the trees turned into rock. Another feature of this park is the Painted Desert, badlands with multi-colored bands of sand.
64. Shenandoah National Park, western Virginia — This beautiful natural area showcases the Shenandoah Valley, its wildlife and its history.
63. Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, HI — A perennial choice for the “best beaches of the US,” this gorgeous stretch of sand offers views of Diamond Head as well as a variety of water activities.
62. Chicago’s Lakefront, Chicago, IL — One of the world’s most spectacular skylines is found here on the banks of Lake Michigan in the US Midwest (Walking Tour available for just $1.49 on the website).
61. St Augustine, FL — America’s oldest town (founded in 1513), St Augustine was a Spanish colony and several of the structures in the city have been preserved. It is a pleasant city to walk (Walking Tour available for $1.49 on website).