Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order. This installment includes four (4) locations in California and one (1) in New York City.
80. Space Needle, Seattle, WA — This is one of America’s most recognizable icons; it signals the city’s futuristic ambitions.
79. Hollywood Sign, Los Angeles, CA — A symbol of the glitz and glamour of the film industry, this sign excites visitors to Los Angeles.
78. Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY — One of America’s finest museums showcases Modern Art in all its glory and controversy.
77. Lake Tahoe, CA — One of the region’s oldest and most popular vacation areas sits on the border of California and Nevada. Lake Tahoe offers a multitude of activities year-round as well as gambling casinos, a Nevada fixture.
76. Hearst Castle, San Simeon, CA — This is certainly one of America’s (if not the world’s) greatest palaces. Built with loving attention to detail by newspaper mogul William Randolph Hearst, it sits high above the Pacific Ocean about halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco.