Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order. This installment includes scenic drives, museums, and popular vacation spots.
85. Cape Cod, MA — Preserving its staid New England ambiance despite the incursions of thousands of visitors, fast food restaurants, and the lure of modern architecture and design, the Cape has managed to capture the essence of Old New England. It is popular because of its resistance to the new and modern.
84. Boston Museum of Science, Boston, MA — One of the world’s finest museums of its type, the Museum of Science is known for its hands-on displays and opportunity for education while having fun.
83. Outer Banks, NC — This popular vacation area offers great beaches, fine fishing, and many other activities to entice visitors. There is considerable history as well on these barrier islands who once attracted British colonists.
82. San Juan Skyway, Southwestern Colorado — This incredible scenic drive from Durango to Silverton treats visitors to fantastic mountain scenery.
81. Seventeen-Mile Drive, Monterey, CA — Dramatic views of the rocky coastline of California appear around every bend of this lovely drive. Homes of the rich and famous dot the landscape as well.