Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order. This installment includes places from California to Virginia.
90. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum, Cleveland, OH — My favorite of all the halls of fame, this venue allows visitors to listen to and experience the songs and groups of their younger days.
89. Saratoga Springs, NY (in August) — The epicenter of the “Sport of Kings” moves to Saratoga in August where the very best horses in America race for glory and riches. Saratoga has been popular even in other months for its beneficial mineral waters and springs.
88. Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina & Virginia — The long and scenic road winds along the Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina and Virginia, offering beautiful vistas and overlooks.
87. Mount Vernon, Virginia — The estate of America’s first president, George Washington, is maintained as a shrine to his enterprising and all-too-public life. Washington was a man of many talents.
86. Muir Woods, San Francisco, CA — This stand of Redwoods, the world’s tallest trees, sits just north of San Francisco and makes a great excursion from the city. The grove is named after the famous conservationist who called the attention of the world to the beauty of the wilderness.