Canada is a huge country, the second largest in the world. It is replete with incredible natural areas, and, as it has grown in population, its cities have taken their place among the world’s greatest. In this series, I will explore the top 40 tourist attractions in Canada as we tour this wonderful land.
Some of Canada’s less visited provinces appear in this group of the top 40 tourist attractions in Canada. Many of these sites are located in the Canadian Maritimes.
20. Notre Dame Basilica, Montreal, Quebec — This glorious church has an interior that inspires and awes. It is located in Vieux Montreal (Old Montreal) (Walking Tour available for just $1.49 on website).
19. St John, New Brunswick — This enchanting capital city is small and friendly, just right for visiting (Walking Tour available for just $1.49 on website).
18. Prince Edward Island — This rural paradise is famous as the setting for the young girls’ book, Anne of Green Gables.
17. Newfoundland — This bleak, cold, forbidding island off the northwest coast of Canada turns out to be lovely and welcoming, with great natural beauty.
16. Lunenburg, Nova Scotia — This World Heritage town along the Lighthouse Route in Nova Scotia is a pleasant place to spend a few hours (Walking Tour available for just $1.49 on website).