A visit to Austria, Germany, and/or Switzerland is a wonderful experience. There are many fabulous palaces and castles, several architecturally stunning cities, and numerous small towns, perfectly landscaped and presented. There is enough history to satisfy the most curious and plenty of great museums, as well.
Here are Gary’s top 50 tourist attractions in Austria, Germany, & Switzerland presented in descending order from less important to most important.
30. Hall im Tyrol, Austria — This charming town offers an alternative for those who shun the crowds of Innsbruck (See #6 below). The pedestrian-friendly town is delightful to stroll through.
29. Lubeck, Germany — Once a center for the Hanseatic League, a powerful trading organization, Lubeck’s city center is a World Heritage Site.
28. Frankfurt am Main, Germany — This city is Germany primary gateway for air travel. The Old Town (Altstadt) is a great place to wander.
27. Deutches Museum, Munich, Germany — Arguably the world’s best science museum provides a wonderful hands-on experience for visitors to its various sections.
26. Baden-Baden, Black Forest, Germany — This historically significant spa town provides a typical Black Forest experience for visitors.