China is an amazing country from the perspective of tourism. Now that more and more world travelers are venturing into this ancient land, they are discovering the many destinations which China has to offer. This series of posts will highlight the best of China, according to Gary. It includes many places that we visited on our memorable journey to this country, as well as other sights suggested by guide books and fellow travelers.
This installment of the top 50 tourist attractions in China are spread throughout the country.
25. Chengde — This royal palace complex was a rural getaway for Chinese emperors. The region contains some of the best imperial gardens in China as well as several noteworthy monasteries.
24. Bullet Train, Shanghai — This maglev train reaches speeds of 200 miles per hour in its journey from downtown Shanghai to the airport.
23. Tian Tan Buddha at Po Lin, Hong Kong — One of the most popular excursions from Hong Kong is a journey via cable car to view the Po Lin Buddha, a giant bronze Buddha at the top of several hundred stairs.
22. Jiuzhaigou Nature Preserve, Sichuan Province — This incredible natural area in southwestern China has exceptional scenery and also includes several Tibetan villages which are worth visiting.
21. Tiger Leaping Gorge, Yunnan Province — This is the deepest gorge in the world. See it while you can since there are plans to dam the river and partially fill the gorge.