China is an amazing country from the perspective of tourism. Now that more and more world travelers are venturing into this ancient land, they are discovering the many destinations which China has to offer. This series of posts will highlight the best of China, according to Gary. It includes many places that we visited on our memorable journey to this country, as well as other sights suggested by guide books and fellow travelers.
This particular group of attractions represent many diverse regions of China.
45. Aberdeen, Hong Kong Island — The floating village of Aberdeen is a sharp contrast to the high-rise apartment complexes on shore. Visitors hop on a boat to get an up-close view of these residences-on-the-water.
44. Kashgar — China’s westernmost city has been at the crossroads of trade routes for centuries. It is a colorful place to visit.
43. Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Xi’an — Named for a local legend, this temple dates to 707 AD, during the Tang Dynasty.
42. Pudong, Shanghai — Once a swampy marshland, the Pudong is the new Shanghai, the modern city with super-tall skyscrapers business suits.
41. Stanley Market, Hong Kong — One of the best places to shop in Hong Kong is this veritable flea market with hundreds of stalls selling practically everything.