England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, as a group, is known as the United Kingdom. These countries are all intimately affiliated but are unique and separate, offering a diverse collection of attractions for the tourist.
This installment of the top 60 tourist attractions in the United Kingdom includes several sights near London and one in the city.
35. Greenwich — Take a boat ride along the Thames to visit Naval College and time zero, the point through which zero degrees longitude passes.
34. Blenheim Palace — The childhood home of the legendary Winston Churchill and still the residence of the Dukes of Marlborough invites visitors to admire the countryside and estate where he lived.
33. Globe Theater, London — This replica of the venue where William Shakespeare presented many of his plays is on the south side of the River Thames.
32. Stourhead Gardens — This extensive and classic example of the English landscape garden is a wonderful place to walk and relax. The setting is idyllic; the buildings are classical and designed to blend with their surroundings; and the plantings are superbly placed for maximum effect.
31. Conwy Castle — This amazing castle in northern Wales was built in the late 13th century and was a formidable defensive structure. However, it was seized and gutted during the English Civil War in 1646.