Every tourist destination has it’s attractions. However, because every tourist is different, these attractions have greater or lesser value. In this series Gary’s gives his reasons for traveling to a particular place. Hopefully some of his thoughts will entice you to consider adding this particular place to your itinerary. The entire series is being categorized under the heading, “Spotlights.” You may find more about these locations in the archives of this website, under headings such as, “Great Places,” “Things to Do in,” “Best of,” “Top 10” and “Places of a Lifetime.” In addition, there may be “Walking Tours” of these places available for purchase on the website for the low price of $1.49 each.
Magnificent architecture, world class museums, numerous icons of travel. These are some of the things which travelers to Paris can expect. In addition, it is probably the most romantic city in the world. Be sure to come to Paris for at least the following reasons:
1. View the epitome of Gothic cathedrals by visiting Notre Dame, which occupies a prominent space on the Ile de Cite’.
2. The Eiffel Tower is one of the world’s most recognized structures. It was built for the World Exposition of 1889 and has since become a symbol of Paris.
3. Lovely palaces and gardens illustrate the city’s wealth and elegance.
4. The Louvre is perhaps the world’s premier Art museum.
5. Major attractions can be found around almost every corner. Another impressive city landmark is the Sacred Heart Church — Sacre Coeur, in French.