Here is a collection of the best travel destinations in the world from three (3) continents, Europe, North America, and Oceania.
170. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic — The capital of the Dominican Republic dates to the time of Christopher Columbus. It was actually founded by his brother, Bartolomeo, in 1496. Its Zona Colonial is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
169. Tyrolean Villages, Austria — One of the world’s most popular skiing regions is also a delightful place throughout the year. Villages like Innsbruck (Walking Tour available for purchase on website), Igls, and Hall im Tyrol maintain the charm of an alpine village even in the summer.
168. Avignon & Provence Villages, France — The city of Avignon was once the center of Roman Catholicism. For almost 100 years (from 1309 to 1403) the Palais des Papes was the home of the Papacy (Walking Tour available for purchase on website). Use the city as a base of operations for the discovery and enjoyment of many other idyllic villages for which Provence is famous.
167. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada — The delightful city of Halifax (Walking Tour available on website) has become prosperous because of its harbor and its access to the Atlantic Ocean; this attribute has been lovingly exploited with the development of its waterfront. The city also makes a convenient base of operations for explorations of the Nova Scotia coastline and charming maritime places like Peggy’s Cove and Lunenburg (Walking Tour available for purchase on website).
166. Tongariro National Park, North Island, New Zealand — Tongariro is one of the premier national parks in a country that is extremely proud of its conservation efforts. Its existence began in an effort to preserve three (3) volcanic mountains, Tongariro, Ngauruhoe, and Ruapehu, which are sacred to the Maori people. All three are considered active although only Ruapehu has erupted in the recent past.