This group of the best travel destinations in the world focuses on Europe and Latin America. They combine all the elements of a significant tourist destination, including history, architecture, charm, and excitement.
190. Lisbon, Portugal — The old and crumbling city of Lisbon is the heart and soul of Portugal. It is made up of several interesting neighborhoods, the Alfama District, Barrio Alto, and Baixa. The nearby suburban town of Belem is a must-see while visiting Lisbon (Walking Tour available for purchase on website).
189. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico — This resort city lies on the western coast of Mexico, the Mexican Riviera. A walk through the quaint Old Town is always pleasant. The distinctive crown of Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe (Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe) dominates the skyline (Walking Tour available on website).
188. Loch Ness & the Highlands, Scotland — Loch Ness has a mystique which transcends its beautiful setting. Because of the legend of the Loch Ness Monster crowds flock to its shores, hoping to glimpse the prehistoric creature. This large lake is found in the Scottish highlands, a wild place where rocky crags top lush, green meadows.
187. Meteora, Greece — Imagine an otherworldly landscape where tall, cylindrical rocks rise precipitously from the countryside below. Now add a series of monasteries at the tops of these vertical rocks. This is Meteora.
186. Antigua, Guatemala — Imagine a city surrounded by three (3) active volcanoes. As a result, Antigua has been victimized by geological forces many times. However, restoration is ongoing and its cobblestone streets, fountains, plazas, and tropical gardens are a delight to explore (Walking Tour available for purchase on website) .