Three European tourist cities are featured in this grouping of the best travel destinations in the world, along with an Asian location and an African icon.
140. Segovia, Spain — Segovia is an enchanting and romantic city with three (3) main attractions: El Alcazar, one of Europe’s most beautiful castles, the cathedral, with its many spires and gargoyles, and a Roman aqueduct, still in use since the 1st century AD (Walking Tour available for purchase on website).
139. Mount Kilimanjaro National Park, Tanzania — Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa (5,900 meters or about 18,000 feet) and has become an icon of the African continent. The best times to climb the mountain are probably January-February and September-October since there is usually a cloud obscuring the mountain at other times of the year.
138. Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic — This beautiful Czech town is one of my favorite villages in Europe. It is perfect for strolling since it is so compact. The Castle and Chateau dominate the skyline and provide wonderful views of the town below (Walking Tour available for purchase on website).
137. Cinque Terra, Italy — These five (5) villages cling to the Italian Riviera coastline and make an excellent collection of sights for the tourist. Pathways and a train connect the villlages of Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore, a total of 7 miles (11 km) in distance (Walking Tour available for purchase on website).
136. Stone Forest, Kunming, China — This geologically unusual area, in which erosion has produced thousands of limestone rocks jutting upward, close together, as if it is a forest of rocks (hence the name). The rocks have interesting shapes which, in many cases, have a resemblance to creatures and people, and so they have been given appropriate names.