Two national parks from distant countries, two fabulous North American cities, and one glorious South Pacific island make up this collection of the best travel destinations in the world.
115. Chicago, Illinois, USA — Chicago is a world-class city located picturesquely on Lake Michigan, in the American Midwest. Its skyline is one of the most beautiful in the world. The city boasts excellent museums, great shopping, and many city parks. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
114. Tahiti, French Polynesia — This island, another member of the Windward Society Islands (see Bora Bora) affords a relaxing vacation in a pristine setting. Drive around the islands to see its gardens, waterfalls, and many beaches. The capital of French Polynesia, Papeete, is located here and deserves some of the tourist’s time.
113. Arches National Park, Utah, USA — This park preserves the largest collection of stone arches in the world. Park roads provide access to most of the park’s most popular arches and formations, including the park’s symbol, Delicate Arch.
112. Havana, Cuba — The island nation of Cuba is finally being rediscovered by tourists. Under the harsh rule of Fidel Castro few dared to visit. Now that Cuba seems to be opening its doors more, travelers are finding a charming capital city with much to offer the tourist. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
111. Etosha National Park, Namibia — Its name means, “great white place of dry water” and this name hints at the reason travelers venture into this desert. Animals of the region concentrate at the water holes, since there is so little water here. Thus visitors can simply travel to these water holes and wait for wildlife to come to them.