More great places which are fittingly included in the best travel destinations of the world. This assemblage features sights and cities in the USA and Europe.
205. Warsaw, Poland — The capital of Poland, like its sister city of Krakow, was pretty much destroyed during World War II, but has been rebuilt and again attracts tourists to its charming Old Town. Walk the Royal Way from the Royal Castle to Lazienski Palace for a typical slice of Polish life. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
204. Charlottesville, Virginia, USA — This delightful city in western Virginia has two main attractions and they both revolve around Thomas Jefferson. The major feature of Charlottesville is Monticello, Jefferson’s self-designed estate. Second is the University of Virginia, another of Jefferson’s creations. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)
203. Zion National Park, Utah, USA — Zion is a monument to the forces of erosion and their effect on the landscape. This park differs from others of its type, like the Grand Canyon, because at Zion, the visitor is at the bottom of the canyon looking up at the walls and rock formations.
202. Conwy, Wales, United Kingdom — Wales is a place all its own. It is exceedingly different from England or Scotland, its nearest neighbors. Whether you spend time in Conwy or Caernafon in the north or Cardiff in the south, the experience will be memorable. (Walking Tour available on website)
201. York, England — Come to York to experience northern England at its best. The walled, medieval city center is pedestrian-only, with cobblestone streets and is loaded with charm. The York Minster is the largest Gothic cathedral north of the Alps. (Walking Tour available for purchase on website)