I love food! To me, food offers comfort and security. In addition, cuisine is a cultural expression and represents an opportunity to more thoroughly understand and appreciate a particular culture or region. When traveling I make it a point to taste local specialties as a way of enriching my travel experience. Someone recently suggested that I share my favorite restaurants with my readers because of my great interest in food. Keep in mind that food preferences are very different from person to person and also that a restaurant experience is about so much more than the food.
It’s tough to find breakfast places in Rhode Island that offer more than the usual. Too often, the menus are so similar from one place to another that the food all tastes the same. Over the years, Lee and I have found a few places that serve breakfast in RI that are different and much more exciting than the average. Here is a short list of our favorite breakfast restaurants in Rhode Island:
1. English Muffin, 1989 Plainfield Pike, Johnston, RI (not different but very large servings)
2. Jigger’s, 145 Main Street, East Greenwich, RI (classic diner)
3. Julian’s, 318 Broadway, Providence, RI (different and unusual menu)
4. Sunnyside, 275 Child St, Warren, RI (this new location is not open yet, but it’s worth the wait)
5. T’s, 1059 Park Avenue, Cranston, RI; 5600 Post Road, East Greenwich, RI; 91 Point Judith Road, Narragansett, RI (always good; huge menu)