I love food! To me, food offers comfort and security. In addition, cuisine is a cultural expression and represents an opportunity to more thoroughly understand and appreciate a particular culture or region. When traveling I make it a point to taste local specialties as a way of enriching my travel experience. Someone recently suggested that I share my favorite restaurants with my readers because of my great interest in food. Keep in mind that food preferences are very different from person to person and also that a restaurant experience is about so much more than the food
We don’t often go to restaurants that specialize in seafood because I prefer a more eclectic menu. But when we do, these are our favorites for seafood in RI:
1. Bonefish, 2000 Chapel View Blvd., Cranston, RI
2. Crows Nest, 288 Arnold’s Neck Drive, Warwick, RI
3. Hemenway’s, 121 South Main Street, Providence, RI
4. Legal Seafood, 2099 Post Road, Warwick, RI
5. Matunuck Oyster Bar, 629 Succotash Road, South Kingstown, RI.