I love the theater! Plays are so much more personal than movies. Of course, entertainment like this is best appreciated live, especially the musicals, but these works of Art can at least be read and appreciated if modern performances are not available. Many deal with profound human issues while some are strictly entertainment, but they are all enjoyable. See if you agree with my choices. Check out any that you have not experienced in your lifetime. I will present them in groups of ten, listed alphabetically by author or lyricist.
1. Abba & Catherine Johnson — Mamma Mia!
2. Aeschuylus — Prometheus Bound
3. Albee, Edward — A Delicate Balance
4. Albee, Edward — Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
5. Aristophanes — The Frogs
6. Beckett, Samuel — Waiting for Godot
7. Bernstein, Leonard, & Stephen Sondheim — West Side Story
8. Bock, Jerry, & Sheldon Harnick — Fiddler on the Roof
9. Chekhov, Anton — The Cherry Orchard
10. Darien, Joe, and Mitch Leigh — The Man of La Mancha