Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order.
This installment of the top 100 tourist attractions in America includes several national parks, one of the world’s great zoos, and a place that Americans would like to forget.
40. Bronx Zoo, New York, NY — One of the best zoos in the world when variety of creatures, natural habitats, and number of visitors are considered, the Bronx Zoo is a fascinating foray into living natural history.
39. Badlands National Park, South Dakota — This eerie landscape of multi-colored sand dunes surprises visitors because of its uniqueness.
38. Ground Zero, New York, NY — The area where the Twin Towers once stood is now a memorial and constant reminder of the tragedy of September 11, 2001.
37. Everglades National Park, Florida — This “river of grass” is an important breeding ground for many species. Visitors are amazed by the variety of wildlife.
36. Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks, CA — These twin, interconnected parks preserve large stands of the Giant Sequoia Tree, the world’s largest creature.