Here are Gary’s choices for the Top 100 tourist attractions in the United States of America. The best of the hundreds of popular places to visit in the USA are presented in descending order.
Several historic sites combine with several natural areas in this group of attractions.
50. Mammoth Cave National Park, Cave City, KY — One of the world’s premier cave destinations, this park preserves perhaps the largest underground cavern system in the world.
49. Taos Pueblo, Taos, NM — High in the Sangre Cristo Mountains is a Native American village which is still occupied and run by Native Americans. It has been recognized as a World Heritage Site.
48. Chaco Culture National Historical Park, New Mexico — This complex of villages, now in ruins, was a major focus of the Pueblo Indians for hundreds of years.
47. Canyonlands National Park, Moab, UT — This extensive park is actually composed of three (3) separate but related districts. The remarkable canyons were formed by the erosive action of the Colorado and Green Rivers.
46. Saguaro National Park, Tucson, AZ — This national park preserves numerous stands of the Giant Saguaro Cactus, the largest of its kind in the world. Saguaro is composed of two districts.