Italy has so many amazing travel destinations. It is the number one travel destination in Europe! Obviously many more than sixty of these attractions could have been listed, but we have only been through some of the country in our two trips there. So, my list is compilation of attractions that I have seen and those that others consider to be must-sees. I will list the top 60 tourist attractions in Italy in installments of five destinations per post, counting down to the best of the best.
30. Amalfi — The southernmost town along the beautiful Amalfi Coast is known for its spectacular Cathedral of Saint Andrew. It has many hotels and restaurants making it a desirable base of operations for an exploration of the entire region.
29. Portofino — This adorable town along the Italian Riviera delights visitors with its colorful buildings, interesting harbor, and myriad fishing boats.
28. Spoleto — This Umbrian town has several significant attractions to lure visitors and is also popular because of its annual music festival. Its Roman Bridge and Rocca (fortress) are truly impressive.
27. Ravello — The hilltop town of Ravello features some of the best views along the Amalfi Coast.
26. Cortona — This hill town on the border of Tuscany and Umbria has roots which reach back to the time of the Etruscans. The steep, narrow streets feature medieval buildings and ooze charm.