England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, as a group, is known as the United Kingdom. These countries are all intimately affiliated but are unique and separate, offering a diverse collection of attractions for the tourist.
Here is the first installment of the top 60 tourist attractions in the United Kingdom.
60. London Eye, London, England — This giant ferris wheel on the Thames has offered the best views in London since 1999 when it was built.
59. Blair Castle, Blair Athol, Scotland – One of Scotland’s more unusual castles, due to its color — pure white — was begun in 1269.
58. Princes Park, New Town, Edinburgh — Across the street from Edinburgh’s chief shopping street, Princes Park offers views of Edinburgh Castle and contains a memorial to Sir Walter Scott, the country’s famous writer.
57. Tintern Abbey, Wales — The ruins of this Abbey which dates to 1131 inspired a famous poem by William Wordsworth.
56. Housestead’s Fort — The ruins of this outpost along Hadrian’s Wall gives visitor an opportunity to imagine what this area looked like around 200 AD.